Burning & Care Tips
Candle Burning & Care Tips
- To ensure a smooth, complete burn be sure to allow entire top of candle to become liquid before extinguishing candle, this is especially important for the first burn to avoid “tunneling” and proper burn.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended!
- Always burn candles on a heat resistant, level surface away from drafts, pets, children, and flammable objects such as curtains, walls, paper, etc.
- Keep candle free of wick trimmings, matches, or other foreign matter that could become a fire hazard.
- Containers may become very hot, handle with care & avoid walking with lit candles.
- Trim wick before each use. Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch at all times to avoid carbon build up on the wick (mushrooming) and soot release. If you notice smoke/soot while burning candle, immediately extinguish, allow to cool, trim wick, and re-light. Do not handle hot containers.
- Do not burn a candle in a container that is chipped or cracked, doing so is a fire hazard!
- Do not allow flame to touch sides of container - jar can crack causing fire hazard! If wick moves off center - extinguish flame, allow to cool to touch (Do not handle hot containers), then use a butter knife or skewer to gently push wick back to center before re-lighting.
- To clean cooled used jar (Do not handle hot containers): Pour hot water in jar to soften remaining wax, once cool, remove wax, pour out water, and wipe clean with paper towels. Wash jar in hot, sudsy water.
- IF LOCAL, PLEASE RETURN CLEANED JARS TO RECEIVE DISCOUNT OF $2-3 EACH off next candle purchase!! If you're unable to recycle with us because distance makes doing so uneconomical, please re-use or recycle your glassware.
- Thanks for reading - you rock!